Thursday 12 September 2013

We Run This Town

We're back in Canada! Actually we were back earlier than expected :( The manager of the mobile home park we live in was doing pressure testing in a bunch of the pipes, just before we left. Well on Wednesday, after being in Idaho for 4 days, I received an iMessage from our neighbour (we didn't have cell service, so just wifi at our hotel) with a picture and a text asking if we knew about the water leak, as there was a fair amount of water leaking out the back of our house. Stressed out, we got my friend who was looking after the cats to stop by and shut off our water and to check out the inside of the house to make sure the water wasn't in the house - which it wasn't, thankfully.

We drove home on Wednesday night, got home at 3am on Thursday morning. Wade went under the house to check it out, confirmed that there wasn't any water leaking from our house, and was annoyed that he was now wet and covered in mud. On Thursday we had the manager come over and check it out. Since then, we had the plumber in on Friday morning, to look at a few things, then all we've had is the guys who come and mark your gas lines and Telus lines. It's now been a week, I'm beyond annoyed and frustrated. We've lost water pressure, it's starting to stink outside because it's clay under our house, and there's a lot of water. Thusly, I have headaches through out the day :( I know it's not going to have time to dry out, so we'll be dealing with mold, which will make me sick. I don't understand what is taking so long and why no one has been here to get this issue fixed! There's up to 3 inches of water under our house!


On a plus side, I got to see my cousin CD get married to his wonderful fiancé KY, who is now KD! They're off on their honeymoon enjoying themselves. Congratulations to them again :) I also met my cousin Cassy's boyfriend :) He's really nice, I like him.

I'll post details about our trip in the next day or two :)

No comments:

Post a Comment