Friday 10 August 2012

Surgery Averted!

Well over the past few weeks I though I'd torn the cartilage in my knee, I've been stressing and stressing about it, think about the surgery that's involved in that, and the recovery time, the time off work, the weeks and weeks of rehab after the surgery!

I went to the clinic this morning and the doctor poked at me knee and did some bending and what not of my knee too, and he concluded that it's the "patello femoral syndrome" that I've had since I was 14 years old, it's flaring up causing me all this pain! I cried myself to sleep last night, that's how much it hurts. Well he's given me some pain meds, ones that are stronger than advil! They're helping drastically, I'd been trying to stay off my knee, I got crutches, and wore my knee brace, did very little at home, but nothing was helping, and it was all for nothing! I'm extremely relieved that it wasn't torn cartilage! I did go for xrays but he didn't feel it was anything other than patello femoral syndrome! THANK GOD!

Our wedding is in 2 and a half weeks, I don't have time to be messing around with a surgery that would put me on bed rest for 2 weeks to immobilize my knee, light weight baring for 2 weeks, and then 21 weeks of rehab, there's no time for it! I will be playing volleyball this fall and winter with our team, I can't wait! I still have to do rehab but it won't be as serious!

On another note, everything is coming together for the wedding, or I feel like it is, I guess we'll find out when we get to BC the weekend before! It should be an interesting time getting the chairs, and everything all together! I'm getting really excited about it all, and for it all to come together the way I want it. I've had lots of ups and downs with friends and my bridal party, but I think those only make me stronger, even though I feel like giving up and not caring. It's my wedding, and will be my only wedding, I can't let a few people get to me now can I? That's letting people walk all over me, it's not fair.

Work has been very slow this week, and even more so today, only 2 hours and 45 minutes to go and I can head home, but that 2 hours and 45 minutes of sitting here doing nothing! I have no quotes, no jobs installing, no anything! And to top it off I forgot my damn book at home! Oh well, I guess I'll have to lay out and suntan while I read it as it's nice outside today!

No comments:

Post a Comment