Tuesday 9 July 2013

1980

Things have been busy in life lately. I came out to BC a week sooner than planned/expected. My mom took a fall down a 14 step flight of stairs and broke her dominant wrist pretty bad. She broke the joint, and needed to have surgery to secure the bones with pins and plates.

The pups and I made the drive out yesterday. It turned out to be a 8.5 hour drive, with the ferry waits and such, usually it's only about 7 hours, if traffic isn't too bad. The dogs were great, only stopped a few times to let them out, the rest of the time they slept. It was great. I was tired though, so it made the drive seem even longer than it was.

There's a lot of people that have been helping my mom out. A friend drove her home from Vernon, where she was staying at my cousins house. My aunt made her a little "care package", waterless shampoo, candy, magazines and such, stuff to keep her entertained. A few people want to come up and visit but she's still pretty tired and with being on pain killers she's a little out of it. I imagine in the next day or two people will be able to start visiting.

I miss Wade. Plain and simple. We haven't really spent much time apart, and I know the dogs miss him too. Dacia is a big suck, always has to be where I am, even in the bathroom!! Wade's taking the bus out on Saturday, and my dad and I will go and pick him up, then we'll start our week of camping and my friend's wedding! I can't wait to see her walk down the aisle and marry her best friend. We have inflatable kayaks, and a floatie for my mom so we can tow her around! No cell service, no internet, just conversations, swimming, kayaking and having fun. I cannot wait. I've not been sleeping well the last few nights due to stress, hopefully that will get better. I'm sure it will.

Just looked at the weather, it's supposed to rain a bit the next few days, and then get as hot as 40!!!! I honestly cannot wait for that, it's going to be hot, but so much fun, and so nice. I guess I should get outside and get my vehicle organized and ready to go to the beach with my sister Morgann, and throw the frisbee for the dog and such. We'll be heading to the lake tomorrow to get my mom's camper ready and such.

Hope everyone is having a great beginning to July!!

No comments:

Post a Comment