Tuesday 23 July 2013

When I'm Gone

I realize it's been about two weeks since I've written a post. I last wrote about my mom. I haven't written because well, I was helping my mom, and then we left internet and cell service for 8 days :)

Leaving cell service and such for 8 days was completely glorious. We got to go floating on the most beautiful lake around BC, swimming, tanning, huckleberry picking, and it was quiet. There was hardly anyone up at the lake, it was incredibly quiet, and very enjoyable. The weather was amazing, we hardly had any rain, we had some wind, but nothing extreme. We went kayaking, boating, and visited with a bit of family too.

We attended a close friends wedding this past weekend. It was incredible, I was so excited to see my friend get married! My first "friends" wedding that I've been to, any others I've been to have been when I was younger and it was all family weddings. It was outside, and it was sunny and nice. She looked stunning, and he looked handsome, just the way every bride and groom should look. I was honoured to be a part of their special day and make sure everything was set in place for the reception and dance. It was great, everything turned out!

I can honestly say that I am seriously missing the gorgeous weather that was in BC. We've had severe thunderstorm watches and warnings since we got back to Alberta. It's sunny here now, but who knows for how long, as there's severe thunderstorm watches on now :( The weather is ridiculously moody lately, it's completely annoying. On the plus side, all the rain and a bit of sun has made my garden massive! It's 3 times the size it was when I left for BC two weeks ago. My flowers are blooming well too! They're huge.

While camping, you don't eat properly, well you might, but not as well as you do when you're at home. I tried to remember to take my Ganoderma Spore Powder capsules every day, but when I missed a day or two, my stomach was completely fine. I have really never felt more "normal", stomach wise. It's been a long time since I didn't have to worry about where a bathroom was, or what foods I could and couldn't have. I had pepperoni while we were camping, that's usually an avoid, well my stomach tolerated it well. Things are looking up for my stomach and my life with Crohn's Disease. It's all changing, and I hope it continues changing and I can go to eating more and more foods.

I also want to put a Happy Birthday out there to my Minnesota friend!

Happy 21st Birthday Kayla!!

No comments:

Post a Comment