Tuesday 25 June 2013

Nothing But Summer

So, with all of this flooding that happened, that washed out every road almost to BC, without making the drive over 12 hours and 1200km, and potentially unsafe...We won't be going to my cousins graduation in Revelstoke :( :( This is extremely saddening for us as I couldn't wait to see my little cousin graduate this weekend. We feel completely terrible that we can't make it safely.

With our luck, we'd get stuck out there because we'd get more rain and the road closures would increase and we wouldn't be able to make it home. As sad as we are, I would rather be safe at home, than risk our safety and maybe lives by driving out there. I will say that we are SO PROUD of my darling cousin, she's incredible, smart, talented, and determined. She will do great things in her life. We're proud of her of accomplishments and cannot wait to see what she achieves in her future.

Happy Graduation Hunn!

On another note, I think we will just be camping in the yard this weekend, having a fire, using the new BBQ, sleeping in the tent. If we can't go camping in BC, we may as well camp in the yard considering everywhere around here is completely booked up :(  Things will get better, once the roads aren't closed anymore, we have a trip booked to BC from July 13-21 and I cannot wait. One of my close friends is getting married, we will help my mom clean, organize, and throw stuff out at her house, and best of all we will be camping at the BEST place on earth. I will not disclose where. :) We got a sunburn on the weekend, it's turning into a tan, so we're getting that much more tanned and ready for summer. We sit outside in our chairs with the dogs, throw some frisbee for them, lay on a blanket and suntan, and apparently suntan with the small dog. She wanted to come and lay with me on the blanket on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment