Friday 21 June 2013

Red River Blue

Things are getting crazy here. Poor Calgary and Southern Alberta. They're saying there's a lot more people being reported missing. Houses are completely submerged, being taken away in the water, flooded, and basically just destroyed. There's a lot of flooding throughout the Kootenay's too, my home. Everywhere is flooding, it's insane and completely sad. My friend and I drove into Red Deer today, to check out the river, as it's supposed to be at it's maximum levels, and they're actually evacuating people that live close, or leaving them on an evacuation notice. It's sad to see the news, to see peoples houses rushing down this big river, damaging bridges, seeing people being rescued by helicopters because they can't get anywhere.

I really wish there was something more I could do to help people, but there's been ridiculous amounts of rain and flooding, and I really don't think that there's anything more that anyone can do to help them. Nothing that untrained people can do besides offer their homes to people who have been evacuated. There are 1200 Canadian troops on their way to Calgary now, to help evacuate and save stranded people.

Everyone, pray for the people of Southern Alberta and the people in the Kootenay's. I hope that everyone is getting to a safe place, and is staying where it's safe. Everything is crazy, have emergency kits available, and everything important ready to go in case something like this does happen. My thoughts are with everyone.

They're supposed to get more rain as well, that won't help, they have a rainfall warning for another 100mm of rain in the next day or two. I want to go and check out the Dickson Dam, they're supposed to be letting out more water than they currently are letting out.

I have our emergency kit ready to go, you never know what's going to happen, not at the rate things are going now. We're safe here for now, we don't have any streams, rivers or creeks close to our house, so we should be good, but I would rather be prepared than not.

No comments:

Post a Comment