Wednesday 14 August 2013

30 Things - Hardest Thing

#6 - What Is The Hardest Thing You Have Ever Experienced?


Click here to link to the original post.

Sitting here thinking about what I consider to be the hardest thing that has ever happened to me, it draws me to June/July 2009. I was in nursing school, at practical exam time, my Granny had fallen very ill and was in the hospital, an hour away. I wanted to go and see her, and had to wait until after I finished my practical exam. My exam was approximately 30 minutes long, by the time I got out of it, I was on my way to the car, listening to my voicemails. I had one from my dad, and called him back immediately. He then told me that my Granny had passed away while I was in my exam, I went into shock and started crying my eyes out in the parking lot.

Two weeks later, I was back home visiting my parents and my mom and I went in to Vernon to visit my Nana. We took her out to the park by the beach for a lunch date. I wheeled her down there in her chair and my mom packed the food. She had a great day, we all did. It was great to see Nana that happy, and enjoying herself that much. Not much after that, July 24th, became another heartache of a day. I was at work, my phone kept buzzing, I couldn't answer it because I had a huge line up of customers. I called my mom back when I got home from work, and she told me that my Nana had passed. It kind of blind sided me because the last time I had seen her, she was doing quite well. I locked myself in the bathroom for an hour, crying.

Both of these lovely, amazing, caring ladies were my great grandmothers. So, not only did I lose both of my great grandmas within 6 weeks of each other, I was in a long term relationship at the time, and had to attend both funerals alone. Who lets their girlfriend of almost 6 years attend two funerals alone, when you know those two ladies were so important to her?? That's what makes this the hardest thing I have ever experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment