Tuesday 24 July 2012

Life Changing Events

In the past few years, I've experienced a lot of life changing events. From moving to a new province, getting into my first accident, getting my first photo radar ticket (and only ticket ever), getting engaged, buying a house, planning a wedding, to becoming a God Mother <3

Moved to a new province with my fiance almost 2 years ago now! It was a big change as I'd stayed in a close radius to all family, now I'm miles and miles away from them, which is okay with me! We got a rental, and a roommate moved in with us! Nothing special happened, until one morning, I was on my way to my clients house, in my fiance's truck as he was working up north, and someone cut me off on a corner, in the middle of winter, I hit the ditch, and it felt not that bad, but I got whip lash, and had to take some time off work, well that time off turned into me resigning as my company did not care about the well being of their staff, and requested that I go back to work immediately.

A few weeks ago, I got my first ever ticket in the mail! I've never been pulled over by the cops, or gotten a photo radar ticket, until now. Photo radar, 15kms over the speed limit, which I find funny because if you passed a cop on the highway going 15kms over the speed limit, THEY DON'T CARE! Stupid ticket, but no demerits. 

I already told you a bit about getting engaged. So I don't feel it's necessary to go into any further details about our engagement or our wedding yet.

I was laying in bed one morning, and one of my closest friends text me, a very odd text. Asking if I went to church, if I was baptized, those kinds of questions. I knew what she was getting at as she'd just had a little girl. Kathia is her name. She's adorable, and when I saw pictures I was instantly in love. A later text asked me to be Kathia's god mother! I was instantly overwhelmed, excited, thrilled, and so in love with this little girl! In May 2012, I got to meet her for the first time. She was 3 months old when I met her, and oh my goodness, the most adorable baby I have ever seen. I held her, and looked after her to give momma a break! I even got her to have a few more naps than usual, although they're only 20 minutes long at a time, they're still some naps. I made her a quilt, and a Hello Kitty painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment