Thursday 2 May 2013

Crank It Up

Last week, we bought new blocks to re do our outdoor fire pit! It has a touch of my home, you'll see in the picture. The fire pit we had, came with the house, the bricks weren't put together properly, and everything was broken and falling apart (real eye sorer), it was horrible! We've been slowly breaking in the new fire pit too! We put a sloped roof on our house (we live in a mobile home and it had a rounded roof), so there are a lot of butt ends of boards that we have been burning, that and sticks/leaves from the yard! Now the fire pit looks like it's missing a block, and well it is. It's supposed to be on the bottom of the pit, but because we live where it is so windy, we wouldn't be able to get a fire lit if the missing brick was on the bottom! The rocks around it are from back home in BC!


So many things are going on in life, we're planning a new deck, when we may want to start it, pricing it out, that kind of thing. (the deck too is rotting plus it is painted terribly and the paint is so old it's chipping off)

It's currently sitting at +15 right now, I can't wait, I think we will have dinner outside! I'm making mini burgers on slider buns. The hamburger has been marinating in some Bullseye BBQ Sauce, ketchup, and freshly minced garlic. I'm also going to add bacon bits and grated cheese to the burgers, and grill them up on granite! I'm going to make a salad with thinly sliced asparagus, avocado, lettuce, sunflower seeds, croutons, a bit of cheese, some bacon, some parmesan, and dressing of course! I think it sounds absolutely delicious and I can't wait! I'll add a picture at a later date :)

This weekend it's supposed to be +25, which I also cannot wait for! I have very white skin, with being a red head, so naturally I cannot wait to get out and do some suntanning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment