Friday 12 April 2013

New Outlooks

This morning it was so quiet in the house, all the animals were sleeping and being quiet. I was up at 6:30, but decided to just lay in bed and watch "In Time" on Netflix via my iPhone! It kind of puts a perspective on life, like everyone will die eventually, but you can do so much in just one days time. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. Obviously in todays world you cannot steal someone else's time, and add minutes, hours, days, months or years to your life, but the message behind it is what I enjoyed.

Anyways, off that topic. I started taking the Ganoderma Supplements again. Yesterday I took one in the morning and one at dinner, it suggests taking 2 capsules 3 times a day, but I have to start out slow so I don't overload my poor stomach. I can tell ya, I have never had so much energy or felt so great. I was up at 5:50am yesterday until 10:30pm ish last night, I slept soundly and good, and was up again, WIDE awake at 6:30am this morning. I'm usually grumpy in the morning, not wanting to be up, takes me quite a while to wake up, one of those slow going people in the morning. I can honestly say they're working for me. I had a Red Tea and Hot Chocolate yesterday too!

Most of you don't know this, but I play quite a bit of Call of Duty: Black Ops. Today is the start to double xp weekend. I have a girl friend coming over and we're going to be a bit nerdy today! It's looking like it's going to be nice this afternoon, but the weather report says otherwise, snowfall warning for 20+ cms of snow :( That doesn't sound like a great weekend to me at all! Oh well, maybe we'll get some yard work done today while it is nice.

My new found Minnesota friend, KP and I are thinking of things we can post, things that are positive in our life that  help us with our Crohn's, whether it's ways to reduce stress, or yummy recipes that we've adjusted to suit our health needs, we want to share them with you! Over the next little while expect to start seeing stuff like that, a bucket list that we'll update when things are complete, recipes, results of stuff we've tried off Pinterest, things we find treat us better, like KP mentioned using Grapeseed Oil for cooking. And we truly hope they help you, inspire you, or just give you that little bit of a "push" you need to try some stuff out! Living with Crohn's isn't easy, and living with someone who has Crohn's isn't easy either, ask our husbands! They see first hand what we go through, I know it scares WP when I have major issues. He's constantly making sure I'm doing okay!

xoxo Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment