Monday 29 April 2013

Recipe Alert: Guacamole

For a Guacamole recipe, since I don't like raw tomatoes, I did a search to find one without tomatoes. The one I found, I think needed something more, maybe a bit more garlic or some more salt and pepper.

1 Avocado, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 tablespoon, finely chopped Red Onion - I took this out, as I cannot eat raw onion
1 clove Garlic, minced - I would personally add more
1 tablespoon fresh Cilantro leaves, minced
1 tablespoon fresh Lime juice - I used lemon as I can't have lime
1/8 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Pepper

In a small mixing bowl, combine the avocado with the onion, garlic, cilantro, and lime juice. Mashing it together with the back of a fork until mostly combined. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste. Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap pressed directly to the surface of the guacamole and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.

**Side note: I used an immersion blender (hand blender) to mash it all together, it was so much easier**







No comments:

Post a Comment